Values & Capitalism Summer Conference: June 13-15, 2013
At the American Enterprise Institute in Washington, D.C.
We are pleased to invite you to this summer’s Values & Capitalism annual student conference. From June 13-15 in Washington, D.C., we will host 100 faculty and students from across the country to explore the morality of free enterprise through lectures and discussions on public policy, faith, and economics.
Thanks to the generosity of our supporters, all selected participants will receive a full scholarship covering travel, lodging, and meals.
Confirmed* and invited speakers include:
Thursday, June 13
- Arthur Brooks, President, American Enterprise Institute (AEI)*
Friday, June 14
- Ramesh Ponnuru, Senior Editor, National Review*
- Tim Carney, Visiting Fellow for the Culture of Competition Project, AEI*
- Mike Strain, Research Fellow, AEI*
- Stan Veuger, Research Fellow, AEI*
- Mark Rodgers, President, Clapham Institute*
- Bill Wichterman, Senior Counsel, Covington & Burling*
- John Cusey, Director of Government Relations, AEI*
- Hon. Charles Stenholm, Member of Congress 1979-2005 (D—TX)*
- Steve Daines, Member of Congress (R—MT)
- Randy Hultgren, Member of Congress (R—IL )
- Jackie Walorski, Member of Congress (R—IN)
- Christina Hoff Sommers, Resident Scholar, AEI*
- Charles Murray, WH Brady Scholar, AEI*
Saturday, June 15
- Anne Bradley, Vice President, Institute for Faith, Work, and Economics*
- Nick Schulz, Exxon Mobil Corporation*
- Michael Cromartie, Vice President and Director of Evangelical Studies, EPPC*
This conference will be an outstanding opportunity for students to interact with AEI’s scholars and other policy experts and to learn the principles of public policy and economics.
We will provide additional details and a formal schedule as we continue to finalize speakers.
Apply for the Values & Capitalism 2013 Summer Conference. Conference applicants will be admitted on a rolling basis, and a complete list of accepted students will be posted on April 29, 2013.